Wednesday, March 4, 2015

True Life | I’m on the #SASearch #7

Placement Jobs

So as I mentioned in my last post, I am attending both Career Central and TPE in a couple weeks. Since I’ve signed up, I’ve gotten about 5 or 6 interview requests. However, all the jobs have been outside of the regions I am searching in and almost all of them are for Residence Life, which isn’t completely a no but it isn’t my first choice. One of my supervisors told me that I should accept the interviews anyways so that I could practice my interviewing skills especially since some of them would be over Skype. However, I’ve also heard the opposite. Why interview if you know you’re not going to take it. Up until recently, I’ve declined them all.

I got an interview request for Career Central which threw me off at first because I wasn’t going to interview there. The job however, seemed to be something that I would definitely be interested in. It isn’t in one of my areas but it was definitely something I could see myself doing. I applied to that job and then received two more requests for another set of jobs at a different school (two positions, same school). I applied to those as well.

I’m very nervous to have interviews in less than two days. I’ve already started my deep research into the school and departments. I’m excited to interview but of course, as an introvert going into the interview is always nerve racking. But I think if I’m prepared, I’ll be all set.

I was on TPE’s site earlier and I noticed that the same jobs I am interviewing for at Career Central will be at TPE. I know that a lot of schools do that so I wasn’t too surprised. Talking about TPE, I still haven’t secured any interviews there. I messaged one school about interviewing and haven’t heard back yet. So I’m hoping I get that one at least.

Comparing the two association’s webpages, I like both of them for the most part. The one feature that I really like that Career Central has that TPE doesn’t is a mailbox. When you go to message an employer or receive an invitation to interview, it all goes through the mailbox so it keeps everything in one place and you can track messages. TPE sends messages through the email you’ve signed up with so sometimes, your messages can get lost and you can’t track messages you’ve sent to employers.

I can’t believe I’m headed to  ACPA today and that tomorrow, I’ll have two interviews. I’ll report in once I get to ACPA and get settled in!


 Graduation Countdown = 72 Days!

No comments:

Post a Comment