Sunday, March 22, 2015

True Life | I’m on the #SASearch #10



My TPE Experience

As of noon today, I can say I am officially done with TPE! This was definitely one of the best experiences I’ve had during my time job searching. I’ve learned a lot about myself and about those in the field of higher education that I could possibly be working with. 

So as I mentioned before, I’ve only had one interview going into TPE. That interview was on Thursday and while I was there, the lady interviewing me told me to keep applying to other jobs since I had only come in with a few (I didn’t tell her she was my only one). I took her advice and applied to two more jobs while I was there. One job said no and the other job said they would interview me as well. 

Both interviews I had were for anticipated positions so after TPE it is a waiting game. However, both interviews went really well. The lady I interviewed with first asked me for a second interview. She was very helpful with letting me know exactly where I was in the candidates and with how fast her timeline was as well. She gave me good advice which was to never forget that my skills and qualifications are great. She also told me that she can see that I am going places and that even if things don’t work out with her institution she wants to keep in touch. I thought that was definitely nice of her!

Overall, TPE was a great experience. I think the fact that I didn’t have as many interviews made me have a different experience than someone who was searching for res life positions and was booked with interviews.  I loved that they offered round table discussions where professionals in the field would give 30-45 minute discussions on different topics related to TPE and Interviewing. I went to a few of them which ranged in topics from Second Round Interviews to On Campus Interviews to How to Ask Informative Questions. These were all definitely informative and something I would recommend those who attend TPE next year go to!

I’m excited to see where these jobs will go and to see what else will appear as time goes on. Now to get ready for NASPA 2015!

Graduation Countdown = 55 Days

No comments:

Post a Comment