Wednesday, May 20, 2015

True Life | I’m on the #SASearch #15



Graduation!

As of Saturday, I can officially say I am done with graduate school!

Graduation was at 9:30 in the morning on Saturday. I was so excited and nervous at the same time. Graduation itself was actually really nice. It lasted about two hours and it was beautiful outside so that was good. There were a lot of people at graduation to support the 700 graduate students that had finished this year. It was a great feeling to see my family there and to hear them cheering me on.  My boyfriend, who lives in DC and my Stepdad, who lives in FL, both came up to watch me cross the stage which was a great feeling.

These past two years have definitely been amazing. There were so many people that helped me make it through these two years and make them a great experience. I don’t think I would have been able to make it through without the support of some amazing people.

  •  My mom – because she supports me through anything and everything I want to do. She is also my back bone through everything.
  •  My boyfriend – because he let me vent to him whenever something went wrong or went well for that matter too. He also was my constant motivator throughout the two years.
  • My classmates and program advisor – since they were going through the same thing, they were able to sympathize when I was feeling off or feeling like this may not be for me.
  • My internship supervisors – because they allowed me to have great experiences. They let me try 5 different areas of higher education & student affairs to let me see what I thought was the best for me. They also gave me some great advice along the way. 
  •  My friends & family – for allowing me to take a break from grad school. Sometimes I need a day to myself and they were there to remind me of that and to take one with me.


I can’t believe that I am officially done. It doesn’t seem real. However, I know the feeling won’t last too long as I plan on going back to get my Ph.D. or Ed.D. soon. I can’t get enough of school apparently.

No comments:

Post a Comment