Monday, May 11, 2015

True Life | I’m on the #SASearch #14



Rejection
“We regret to inform you that you are no longer being considered for this position.

“We appreciate the time, energy and effort involved in your application for this position. However, School Name regrets to inform you that we are unable to pursue your candidacy further on this occasion.

“The search committee has completed its initial evaluation, and, at this time, we are moving forward with other applicants we feel have all the required and preferred qualifications we seek for this position.

Within this past week, I’ve received three rejection emails from schools I have applied to. Let me tell you, it sucks. I know it was going to happen seeing as I can’t have every job I’ve applied to, however I didn’t think it was going to be as bad of a feeling as it is. Two of the schools that I got rejections from, I really liked the position so that added more hurt to the letters.  I’m going to use these as a motivation for when I do get interviews from other schools. I know that there is a job and school out there that will be a great fit for me. 

Sorry this one is so short. I just needed to get it off my chest. Getting rejections emails suck, especially since you don’t get to know why. They just tell you thank you but no thank you and that’s it.

On another note, graduation is on Saturday!!! I am beyond excited!

No comments:

Post a Comment