Friday, April 17, 2015

True Life | I’m on the #SASearch #12



Updates

So during my random rambling last week, I forgot to mention that I had passed in my portfolio. My program requires us to do a portfolio that encompasses everything we’ve learned throughout our two years in the program. To pass our program and be able to walk the stage, we have to pass this portfolio.

This Monday, I went to meet with my professor to go over my portfolio. My professor had nothing but good things to say about my portfolio. She liked how I did mine in a crate instead of a binder like most of my classmates had done. My portfolio had 12 goals so there was a lot of evidence (papers, pictures, t-shirts, conference programs) inside of it. One of the things that stood out to me was that she said it was one of the best portfolios she had ever seen and that she actually wanted to show it to the dean. During our meeting, we also talked about my job search, my increase in confidence and just general life things. I always enjoy talking to her.

Also on Monday (it was an eventful day), I was talking to my boyfriend and he told me he wouldn’t mind living up here. Which through off all plans I was already making. I had already planned that I would be moving down to DC after graduation and that I would look for jobs in that area only. I had purposely not been applying to jobs in my area because of that plan. I’m not going to lie, I was kind of mad. However, I found jobs I could apply for up here as well. He wants me to apply to jobs in both areas and then we could figure out where we would be living once I get a job.  I guess it makes sense but it kind of sucked when he told me. I wanted a change of scenery so I had already figured I was moving.


On another note, I found a bunch of jobs that sound real good and sound like things I would be good in. There are some jobs here in Mass and some jobs in the DC area which gives me some hope and excitement. Other than that, my job search has been relatively slow. I haven’t heard back from any of the schools I’ve applied to which stinks. However, I know that most of the student affairs job search is a waiting game, so I have to be patient. I should be hearing back from the jobs I interviewed with at Career Central and TPE soon so if/when I do, I’ll let you know how that goes.

Graduation Countdown = 29 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment