Sunday, January 18, 2015

True Life | I’m on the #SASearch #2

Back to square one…

Since I started job searching last month, I had my eye on a couple of jobs. I was on HigherEdJobs and I found what I thought was the perfect job. It was an academic advising job that worked specifically with student athletes. When I read the job description, I immediately marked it so I could apply.

Over the past month, I edited my resume and tweaked it to make sure it reflected the job.  I contacted my references to make sure I could still use them. Everything was ready for me to apply, except for my cover letter. I knew I had to revamp my cover letter but I had been putting it off. I wasn't sure what I wanted to write so it made it a little harder for me to rewrite it.

The other day, I finally started to write my cover letter and went back on HigherEdJobs to look at the job posting. I noticed that it said it had been deleted. I didn't find this unusual since I know that postings are not left up forever. I went to the school’s posting and it was still there. The next day, I went to apply and the posting on the school site had expired. I was literally just a day late.

When I say I was so mad at myself that might be an understatement. I texted my mom and complained. Her response was that there will be something better for me. I mean, I agree but I thought this could have been the job.

The other job I had on my eye, didn't have a start date listed on one site so I was going to apply. However, I went on the school’s site and it set to start in February. This puts me back at square one.  I've found a couple more jobs I like. I ‘m going to look at them again and decided if it’s something I want to apply to or not.

Graduation Countdown = 118 days



No comments:

Post a Comment