Wednesday, June 17, 2015

True Life | I’m on the #SASearch #17



Hey y’all.

Sorry for the lack of updating lately. I’ve been unmotivated when it has come to the job search lately. I fell in a sort of rut you could say and stopped applying to jobs. The job search is definitely something that can be extremely stressful and tiring and I think it finally hit me. 

At the moment, I’ve applied to 22 jobs. I’ve interviewed for 6 of them, got denied from 6 of them (ironically), have withdrew my application from 2 of them and I am waiting to hear back from the rest of them. I’m sort of in a limbo when it comes to some of the jobs I’ve applied too. I do have a list of about 10 or so jobs I want to sort through and apply to soon. I feel this rut ending which is a good thing.

In the meantime, I’ve applied to some full time positions that are not related to higher education/ student affairs. Although it may not be what I want, I do need a job by the end of the summer before those lovely student loans come in. I will continue to apply to student affairs jobs as the time goes on as I do want to work in higher education more than anything else. 

If anything new happens, I’ll make sure to update you all!

I do want to congratulate my co-blogger on finding a job! I know it was a process so I am sure you are happy to have it over with!

No comments:

Post a Comment